CafeTran Espresso 2016 Harbinger

Hi all,

It is my pleasure to announce CafeTran Espresso 2016 Harbinger available for download. The users who purchased the program after 22 April 2015, in the new licensing system, do not have to install it anew. They can update it via a simple drag and drop procedure as follows:

1. Run CafeTran.

2. Download 20151127_update.zip file from here (do not unzip or rename the file after downloading) and place it on your desktop.

Note: On Mac OSX, the Safari web browser may unzip the file automatically after downloading. To prevent this, just use the right-click menu and choose the "Download Linked File" command.

3. Drag and drop the downloaded file into the Project Dashboard and restart the program.

4. Drag and drop the downloaded file into the Project Dashboard and restart the program. Second time!

The step 4 above is only for users who missed the update 10 with the new icon sets.

The update includes the following changes:

1. The new word/characters count in the Statistics function diplaying the speed of translation in CafeTran running session.

2. The new option for subsegment matching called "Subsegment hits threshold" to reduce the display of low-quality subsegment matches. The default value is 3 which ensures the hits below this number are discarded.

3. The machine translation panes get two new buttons to let the user transfer the MT translation to the target segment and repeat the query with the selected fragment in a more intuitive way.

4. Localized formating of numbers can also take place when the numbers are inside parenthesis.

5. The fix in the typing of accented characters in Portuguese on Mac OS X.

As we approach the year 2016, I think it makes sense to change the name to CafeTran Espresso 2016 Harbinger. This 2016 version of CafeTran is also the summary of all the improvements, changes and fixes made this year.

Have a nice weekend!

Igor

What's this?

I indeed tried the OO workflow today/yesterday. But I've reset my CafeTran, so why's this in the header? Is this the culprit?

Duh Hans, the OO test was on the Windows machine, not on this Mac.

this is from an older project:

I experienced a similar problem.

1. When a project is created, "No source document" error appears.

2. ProjectTerms.txt does not open as a tab.

3. A newly created glossary does not open as a tab, either.

I submitted a support ticket for this together with the problem project folder.

Waiting for Igor's support.

Yep. Exactly that. So you are a beta tester too, now?

Yesterday's build: I can create a project (quite handy for a CAT tool):

Today's build: creation of a translation project (necessary to gain an income) no longer possible ;):

I shouldn't be working Sundays. ;) Okay, this time it must work fine. The correct build is 2015122002.

Another bug: If I click the "globe"(Re)  to search MyMemory, it searches my databases (and not MM).

It is not a bug. The Resource button searches the online resources. When none online resource is opened, it searches the resource selected in the tab, which in your case is a Total Recall table. Please use the Machine translation button for MyMemory search of the selected fragment.

>>> I shouldn't be working Sundays. ;)

Of course, not! Please take time off.

And, in order for you to be able to take a nice time off regularly, I recommend you to add a note when releasing an update, like this:

"This update includes bug fixes as well as improvements and new features which may not work as intended and may need further brushing up based on user feedback.
So, please be sure to keep in your computer the previous update or any older one which you think is OK, just in case this update doesn't satisfy you.
Also note that, because of its nature, quick support may not be available for this update."

I think this helps both of us.

>>> I shouldn't be working Sundays. ;)

Of course, not! Please take time off.

That's all right as long as I enjoy it.

I just discovered nice glossary features in the latest build.

1. Excessive columns are handled properly.

When only five columns are defined in Edit > Options > Definitions:

If a glossary containing more columns are imported:

Cool!

2. Clickable link to reference material

When adding a new term, you can create a link to a reference material:

Now, you see a clickable link on the glossary pane:

Useful when one picture is worth a thousand words:

Very cool!

At the moment, when you want to change the link, you have to type in the new link in Quick Term Editor.

1 person likes this
Correction:
Excessive => Undefined / extra

How far is Japan independent form atomic energy nowadays?

What a puzzle ...

>> So you are a beta tester too, now?

How about a "treasure hunter" instead of a "beta tester"?

Merry X'mas

Login to post a comment