It is my pleasure to announce CafeTran Espresso 2016 Harbinger available for download. The users who purchased the program after 22 April 2015, in the new licensing system, do not have to install it anew. They can update it via a simple drag and drop procedure as follows:
1. Run CafeTran.
2. Download 20151127_update.zip file from here (do not unzip or rename the file after downloading) and place it on your desktop.
Note: On Mac OSX, the Safari web browser may unzip the file automatically after downloading. To prevent this, just use the right-click menu and choose the "Download Linked File" command.
3. Drag and drop the downloaded file into the Project Dashboard and restart the program.
4. Drag and drop the downloaded file into the Project Dashboard and restart the program. Second time!
The step 4 above is only for users who missed the update 10 with the new icon sets.
The update includes the following changes:
1. The new word/characters count in the Statistics function diplaying the speed of translation in CafeTran running session.
2. The new option for subsegment matching called "Subsegment hits threshold" to reduce the display of low-quality subsegment matches. The default value is 3 which ensures the hits below this number are discarded.
3. The machine translation panes get two new buttons to let the user transfer the MT translation to the target segment and repeat the query with the selected fragment in a more intuitive way.
4. Localized formating of numbers can also take place when the numbers are inside parenthesis.
5. The fix in the typing of accented characters in Portuguese on Mac OS X.
As we approach the year 2016, I think it makes sense to change the name to CafeTran Espresso 2016 Harbinger. This 2016 version of CafeTran is also the summary of all the improvements, changes and fixes made this year.
Have a nice weekend!
Where is my message?
Duh, I'll have to write it again, I'm afraid.
Okay, here we go. When I create a new project with DE > EN as languages, the glossary is DE > NL. Changes to the glossary, made via the F/R dialogue box aren't saved. Read-only isn't checked in the context menu. Modifications are visible in the glossary pane, but not in the file on disk. When I save the glossary via Glossary > Save and then open the glossary via the context menu, only the first term pair of 3 is visible.
I've now reset the prefs. Created a new test project. Changes in the glossary are visible in the pane, but not in the external editor. Even when I save the glossary.
Any special reason why you cannot add alternative target languages on the fly? (Like the Dutch target term here)
Could you please replace the black background by e.g. darkish grey or so?
Another bug: If I click the "globe"(Re) to search MyMemory, it searches my databases (and not MM).
That's because you should click Globe + Ma instead.
Strange, I never used Globe + Ma (thought it was for web resources since when there was no "Ma" next to it). Anyway, it still shouldn't show results from databases. More anyway, I don't even know if this is a valid complaint, because I use the previous build, not the Latest and Greatest.
I have updated the harbinger release of CafeTran Espresso 2016 (build 2015122001) taking into account your latest feedback as follows:
1. Added the alternative vertical display for multicolumn glossaries and narrow window layout. This option can be set by default in Edit > Options > Glossary tab and per session via the right-click at the glossary pane.
2. The new Search and Replace glossary worked only for the current session. Now, they are also stored in the glossary file.
I don't think this is what you intend. This improper positioning (first column is absorbed into second) is possibly due to the lack of header information (?).
And I created a new glossary to check up on the structure of the header information. But it does not appear as a tab after creation.
After restarting CT, that glossary is shown in the Glossary > Glossaries, but cannot be opened.
Waiting for your advice.
Oh man, you did it again!
And the Quick term editor shows the alternative language too!!!! How great. I know some international organisations who are going to be very häppy with that.
Just one other idea: Can you make the chosen scope for the glossary F/R visible in the dialogue box? As a friendly reminder and to prevent frustration and needless Support bothering?
Strange. I tick Project glossary, set languages, select Arano DOCX and cannot create a project. It's empty. No Glossary created.
Will reboot now, reset once more and try for the 4th time.
It must be me doing something wrong (I hope) but I seem no longer to be able to create a project.
What's happening here? This time I dragged the sample document onto the Dashboard. I cannot create a new project.