I must confess that I am very delighted by the new menu structure (maybe some details, but okay).
Only one thing that is really irritating: The order when all menus are visible is
Resources – Memory – Glossary - Total Recall
Shouldn't it be
Resources – Glossary – Memory – Total Recall
instead, as this is such more logical?
(and yes, a menu command to expand/collapse all menus at once (or one of the two menu items' group) would be fine, but this is just a detail)
Doom for other felines. ;-)).
Look out for the next update with the requested feature.
"Are there any harbingers of spring?" Sounds cheerful to a non-native speaker :)
If a glossary containing more columns are imported:
2. Clickable link to reference material
When adding a new term, you can create a link to a reference material:
Now, you see a clickable link on the glossary pane:
Useful when one picture is worth a thousand words:
At the moment, when you want to change the link, you have to type in the new link in Quick Term Editor.
Simplification? Intuitive? My foot!
Without documentation, newbies won't understand CT, neither will oldbies.
Okay, I will update the preview version of CafeTran with the inclusive display of the menus soon. This will give a higher degree of customization for advanced users.
Significant simplification of the menu interface. The menus with the power features can be activated/deactivated now when you need them in your workflow. See the View menu.
The exclusive display of menus was a good idea but perhaps not at this stage. Now I see that CafeTran is ready for a ribbon (though I don't like ribbons).
IK: ...auto-propagation of segment with different numbers.
If you enable that, what happens to comma<>dot conversion, if applicable?
Say you have:
distance 5 km
distance 3.2 km
CafeTran Espresso 2016 Harbinger is updated with the following:
- Display of SDLXLIFF locked segments in the project segments pane.
- Searching for case-insensitive words catches all Unicode uppercase characters now (e.g. German umlauts).
- Displaying translation memory units via the right-click at the TM pane.
- Less distractive Translate and Transfer buttons in the Machine Translation panes.
- Speed optimization to subsegment matching algorithms. Longer German articles einer, einen, einem, eines are treated as stop words.
Please repeat the last update procedure described at the start of this threat.
Another bug: If I click the "globe"(Re) to search MyMemory, it searches my databases (and not MM).
That's because you should click Globe + Ma instead.
Strange, I never used Globe + Ma (thought it was for web resources since when there was no "Ma" next to it). Anyway, it still shouldn't show results from databases. More anyway, I don't even know if this is a valid complaint, because I use the previous build, not the Latest and Greatest.
>- Searching for case-insensitive words catches all Unicode uppercase characters now (e.g. German umlauts).
Doesn't work here ...
>- Displaying translation memory units via the right-click at the TM pane.
Not sure what these arrows do ...
Thank you for your feedback! It helps me refine the UI elements. The preview is available for testing with the following changes:
The update (build 2016010901) can be performed via the usual drag and drop with the same download file as described at the start of this thread.
It is my pleasure to announce CafeTran Espresso 2016 Harbinger available for download. The users who purchased the program after 22 April 2015, in the new licensing system, do not have to install it anew. They can update it via a simple drag and drop procedure as follows:
1. Run CafeTran.
2. Download 20151127_update.zip file from here (do not unzip or rename the file after downloading) and place it on your desktop.
Note: On Mac OSX, the Safari web browser may unzip the file automatically after downloading. To prevent this, just use the right-click menu and choose the "Download Linked File" command.
3. Drag and drop the downloaded file into the Project Dashboard and restart the program.
4. Drag and drop the downloaded file into the Project Dashboard and restart the program. Second time!
The step 4 above is only for users who missed the update 10 with the new icon sets.
The update includes the following changes:
1. The new word/characters count in the Statistics function diplaying the speed of translation in CafeTran running session.
2. The new option for subsegment matching called "Subsegment hits threshold" to reduce the display of low-quality subsegment matches. The default value is 3 which ensures the hits below this number are discarded.
3. The machine translation panes get two new buttons to let the user transfer the MT translation to the target segment and repeat the query with the selected fragment in a more intuitive way.
4. Localized formating of numbers can also take place when the numbers are inside parenthesis.
5. The fix in the typing of accented characters in Portuguese on Mac OS X.
As we approach the year 2016, I think it makes sense to change the name to CafeTran Espresso 2016 Harbinger. This 2016 version of CafeTran is also the summary of all the improvements, changes and fixes made this year.
Have a nice weekend!