The update 13 to CafeTran Espresso 2015 is available for download. The users who purchased the program after 22 April 2015, in the new licensing system, do not have to install it anew. They can update it via a simple drag and drop procedure as follows:
1. Run CafeTran.
2. Download 20151124_update.zip file from here (do not unzip or rename the file after downloading) and place it on your desktop.
Note: On Mac OSX, the Safari web browser may unzip the file automatically after downloading. To prevent this, just use the right-click menu and choose the "Download Linked File" command.
3. Drag and drop the downloaded file into the Project Dashboard and restart the program.
4. Drag and drop the downloaded file into the Project Dashboard and restart the program. Second time!
The step 4 above is only for users who missed the update 10 with the new icon sets.
The update includes the following changes:
1. Edition of multiple translation memories in the glue mode when selecting a folder with the translation memories.
2. When localized formating numbers option is on, CafeTran retains the trailing zeros in the target number now.
3. New "Automatic update of project statistics" option (see the menu Project > Statistics > Automatic update of project statistics). After turning this option on, you should also notice the second progress bar which displays the actual character-based progress in your translation.
4. The fix in the display of Japanese fonts in the Quick term editor.
I answered you in the Tickets section.
Starting from the update 10, CafeTran uses a new icon set so you would need to repeat the update process TWICE to install them properly or wouldn't it be easier for you to reinstall CafeTran form scratch? There is already CafeTran 2016 version rolling out that you might wish to try out.
BTW, on Linux, run CafeTran on Oracle's Java since the Open Source (JRE) Java is not fully supported yet
> A question: If I download using the Linux download link (https://www.cafetran.com/download-cafetran-espresso?platform=linux), am I getting the latest version? Does this get updated regularly?
Yes, it is the same update as announced here:
> P.S: And sorry for using the forum for support.
That's okay. Other users may benefit from it.
>This product has such potential, but it's such a mess at present.
And that from a Linux user, who I always thought were tech-savvy.
CafeTran is great. No question about it. Full stop.