The update 13 to CafeTran Espresso 2015 is available for download. The users who purchased the program after 22 April 2015, in the new licensing system, do not have to install it anew. They can update it via a simple drag and drop procedure as follows:
1. Run CafeTran.
2. Download 20151124_update.zip file from here (do not unzip or rename the file after downloading) and place it on your desktop.
Note: On Mac OSX, the Safari web browser may unzip the file automatically after downloading. To prevent this, just use the right-click menu and choose the "Download Linked File" command.
3. Drag and drop the downloaded file into the Project Dashboard and restart the program.
4. Drag and drop the downloaded file into the Project Dashboard and restart the program. Second time!
The step 4 above is only for users who missed the update 10 with the new icon sets.
The update includes the following changes:
1. Edition of multiple translation memories in the glue mode when selecting a folder with the translation memories.
2. When localized formating numbers option is on, CafeTran retains the trailing zeros in the target number now.
3. New "Automatic update of project statistics" option (see the menu Project > Statistics > Automatic update of project statistics). After turning this option on, you should also notice the second progress bar which displays the actual character-based progress in your translation.
4. The fix in the display of Japanese fonts in the Quick term editor.
Can you see any detailed statistics in the Statistics tab - see the Translated segments row?
Are there detailed stats updated automatically after each segment? The same should take place in the second progress bar.
My problem has been similar to that of Alain. For the second progress bar option to work, I must restart CT at least twice after selecting the "automatic statistics update" option. Actually, I tried twice, and once I had to restart the program three times.
When the Automatic statistics update option is activated the first time, CafeTran does not display the second bar immediately but it should appear as you take the next segment.
The second progress bar displays the percentage of the translated segments counting source segment characters which have the translation. Maybe you just moved to the next segment without translating it (leaving it empty) or just the document is large so the percentage change takes place after two or three translated segments?