I've now checked whether an ID for bold formatting is present in an SDLXLIFF file, when there is now bold formatting at the target side: there isn't.
I didn't test this, but the ID definition should be added to the header. And I know that Igor will try to avoid that, in order to avoid corruption.
A complicating factor is the ID number: it shouldn't be used in the header for other formatting. So CafeTran has either to check that or use an arbitrary high number.
But as I said: I didn't test this.
(I created a new thread, since I couldn't post this as a reply, for unknown reasons.)
>when there is now bold formatting at the target side: there isn't.
when there is no bold formatting at the target side: there isn't.
This is shown in SDL Trados as follows, as you know
Now, change the extension of SDLXLIFF file from sdlxliff to txt and open it in a text editor, and do the following Find & Replace operation.
Note: " (quotation mark) must be " (straight downward), not a curly one. Otherwise, SDL Trados will reject the file.
Save the file and change the extension back to sdlxliff
Now, you get
Well, not a good solution any way.