Start a new topic

Interference between tag insertion and autosuggestion

Hi,

It happens quite often that, when I want to insert a tag... the autosuggestion window pops-up and I have to close it before inserting my tag.

Here is a concrete example:

• I want to insert tag 3, but the autosuggestion pops-up...
  • Normally I would type 3 and Esc, but I can't since CT will insert the third suggestion as soon as I type 3.
  • So I have to close the autosuggestion window before inserting my tag.

A simple solution would be, for the autosuggestion window, to start numbering it's suggestions after the last tag number (so if my source segment contains 4 tags, autosuggestions would start at 5 instead of 1).

Any opinion on that topic?

AC: I want to insert tag 3, but the autosuggestion pops-up...

How do you get an Auto-Suggestion without typing a single letter?

H.

Because of the two-word hints option (which I use a lot).

Here is an example. I typed Traduction française, and when I typed de last "e", CT gave me lots of propositions based on it's memory. All of them were useless, since there was nothing after française... but a tag, and guess what happens if I type 2 to insert my tag? (crying)

Lucky you. But in that case, you want to "interrupt" the suggestion to make the next word bold. Just hit Esc, I suppose. And start typing the next word.

H.

That's what I do, Hans. The problem is that I have dozens and dozens of those wrong suggestions, so I really think that there must be a way to deal with this interference more cleverly. After all the software is supposed to accelerate my work, not to slow it down. 

AC: After all the software is supposed to accelerate my work, not to slow it down.

But it does accelerate your work. Only not to the extent you want it to. Pure luxury.

I think it can be solved by using a dead key for either the AS or the tag insertion, if Igor is that way inclined.

H.

woorden: Pure luxury.

Your opinion. It could change if you had to click on Esc as often as I have with my present project. Wish you good luck if you get similar files one day ;-)

AC: Wish you good luck if you get similar files one day ;-)

Thanks, but it's quite unlikely I'll have that problem. AA will take care of it. Probably again a matter of language combination.

H.

Login to post a comment