The update 11 to CafeTran Espresso 2015 is available for download. The users who purchased the program after 22 April 2015, in the new licensing system, do not have to install it anew. They can update it via a simple drag and drop procedure as follows:
1. Run CafeTran.
2. Download 20151109_update.zip file from here (do not unzip or rename the file after downloading) and place it on your desktop.
Note: On Mac OSX, the Safari web browser may unzip the file automatically after downloading. To prevent this, just use the right-click menu and choose the "Download Linked File" command.
3. Drag and drop the downloaded file into the Project Dashboard and restart the program.
4. Drag and drop the downloaded file into the Project Dashboard and restart the program. Second time!
The step 4 above is only for users who missed the update 10 (the previous one) with the new icon sets.
The update includes the following changes:
1. Import of multiple documents from nested folders (subfolders).
2. Optional filtering on a file name/extension during multiple documents import.
3. Bilingual export columns have the correct language set for each column to be recognized by Ms Word spell checker.
4. Auto-propagation works across multiple xliff-based projects (.xlf .sdlxliff .mqxliff) now.
5. Conversion of TXT glossaries to TMX format can handle the synonyms both on the source and target side.
6. Switch to OS-native file choosers for memories, glossaries and other resources selection.
7. A new term is added to the match results for the current segment making it accessible instantly via the double SHIFT shortcut or the F2 button.
Hope you'll enjoy it!
IK: Switch to OS-native file choosers for memories, glossaries and other resources selection.
Saw it, believe it.
>Hope you'll enjoy it!
I'm sure we will. A big thank you again.
Hi Hans, how was your beer? Calm now?
Wow, I sometimes wonder how in god's name you manage all this! Thanks!!
Just updated the ChangeLog: http://cafetran.wikidot.com/changelog
Igor is very talented, that's one. And the other thing is perhaps that he has created CafeTran from scratch, so that he doesn't have to code around bugs and shortcomings of an underlying third-party framework.
CafeTran's annoyment-freeness rate is just increased from 8 to 9 out of a possible 10.
> Wow, I sometimes wonder how in god's name you manage all this! Thanks!!
I am coding when dreaming and doing the rest when awaken, or the other way round. Don't remember exactly.
The Open Project dialogue box is still old school.
A file filter!
Is it Christmas already?
My test folder:
And some nice pictures:
Has it always been that the name of the current file is displayed in the title bar or what's it called?
Nested folders, screencast
And even the export is correct. Without the file naming! Wow. That calls for a wiki article.
>7. A new term is added to the match results for the current segment making it accessible instantly via the double SHIFT shortcut or the F2 button.
As of Update 11, new terms added to the glossary are directly available via the Match Bar.
I noticed that too, it's now called:
Same for the memory, no way to keep to this pace with any documentation project ;). Which doesn't mean that I say, stop improving. Au contraire, mon frère. Documentation is secondary.