Start a new topic

Settings used in my webinar "What makes CafeTran unique?"

Here you can find the settings that I will be using in my webinar What makes CafeTran unique?, scheduled today at 14:00 CET (GMT+1).

These settings can be inserted via Edit > Options.

On the General tab:

Characters for removal: ,(?=\s\D)|<[^>]+>|\s(?=\s)

On the Glossary tab:

Trim new term start: \A([0-9•„]*[\p{Punct}]*\s*)+

Trim new term end: [^\p{L}]+\z

This Proz message editor is really old-style, so I'll post a graphic here for referral:

A summary of CafeTran’s unique features

• Highly customisable UI: floating panes (also on secondary monitors), distraction-free full screen view, user-defined background and toolbar colours (different themes for night/day, etc.), joining of resource panes, etc.
  • Ergonomic design of screen elements, no tiny fonts in limited input boxes: great help for visually impaired translators, nearly every screen element can be enlarged
  • The magic green down arrow ⬇︎
  • Smart word selection
  • Smart case adjustment with handling of diacritics and ignoring leading numbers, bullets, etc.
  • Really smart dragging & dropping of text (e.g., from virtually anywhere in the program into the Target segment pane) with automatic case handling and handling of spaces
  • Smart & easy tag insertion (five different methods to choose from!)
  • Removal of defined characters from the target segment via a keyboard shortcut
  • Keyboard shortcut to adjust end punctuation
  • Easy correction of typos with Ctrl+Space (cycling through alternative spellings, no need to reposition the text cursor)
  • Smart text transposition feature with clever case handling
  • Easy addition of new term pairs
  • Easy addition of related term pairs
  • Easy selection of preferred target term for the rest of the session
  • Advanced Find & Replace dialogue box: smart case handling, acting on project and TM simultaneously, powerful regular expression mode, etc.
  • Automatic listing of words with unknown spelling
  • Using regular expressions for auto-assembly of separable verbs
  • Context-aware Auto-assembling (‘C-3A’)
  • Integration with TM-Town
  • Import of Terminotix Bitext files to CafeTran TMs
  • Clever Clipboard workflow
  • Special PDF workflow
  • Image paper workflow
  • Integration of a Desktop Search Tool
  • Clean TMs without formatting make easy finding and replacing possible.
  • Extremely simple and robust tab-delimited .txt glossary format
  • Built-in glossary management features
  • Built-in TMX editor that can handle TMs as regular projects, including all QA tasks (spell checking etc.). TMX files with millions of entries can be edited easily and extremely fast.
  • No loss of time for importing and indexing tasks when using glossaries, XLIFF and TMX files from clients or colleagues: you can start translating right away.
  • Automatically synced preview of MS Word documents via Dropbox or OneDrive
  • Tag grouping: less tags in your segments
  • Segment-spanning tags can be excluded from segments
  • Total Recall: SQLite databases for handling really big TMs (millions of TUs)
  • Match Bar: an alternative & easy way to insert terms and fragments into your target segment
  • Segment patterns: use segment variables (placeholders) to indicate the position where a variable part of speech has to be inserted into a rigid segment skeleton
  • And many more...

Schouderklopje.

H.

Thank you, Hans!

Special thanks to Jen and Michael for editing my script and the summary above. How many CAT tools have users that are so involved?

As soon as I have a link to the recording of the webinar, I'll post it here.

Login to post a comment