The update 10 to CafeTran Espresso 2015 is available for download. The users who purchased the program after 22 April 2015, in the new licensing system, do not have to install it anew. They can update it via a simple drag and drop procedure as follows:
1. Run CafeTran.
2. Download 20151102_update.zip file from here (do not unzip or rename the file after downloading) and place it on your desktop.
Note: On Mac OSX, the Safari web browser may unzip the file automatically after downloading. To prevent this, just use the right-click menu and choose the "Download Linked File" command.
3. Drag and drop the downloaded file into the Project Dashboard and restart the program. First time!
4. Drag and drop the downloaded file into the Project Dashboard and restart the program. Second time!
This update includes the new icon sets which need to be placed in the new directories. The first drag and drop update action above prepares CafeTran for the creation of the new directories. The second drag and drop update action creates the new directories for icons and transfers the new icons there.
The update includes the following changes:
1. New colored icons. The user can switch between colored and monochromatic icons via the menu View > Appearance > Monochromatic icons.
2. Display of highlighted and colored text in the Project segments pane for the Ms Office and LibreOffice documents.
3. Filtering on the highlighted or colored text.
4. After the export of the target document, CafeTran gives the option to either view the translated document or open the folder containing the document.
5. Conversion of TXT glossaries to TMX format handles the synonyms now.
As the build includes changes to the filters for Ms Office and LibreOffice files, please finish any uncompleted projects with the previous version before applying this update.
The new icons, together with the newish background colour, make CT looks great!
And thanks for the glossary converter!!!
You need to import via Memory > Import > Import entries from glossary.
What does Memory > Import > Import tab delimited memory do?
It imports Wordfast TMs.
>The new icons, together with the newish background colour, make CT looks great!
Not sure how it is different:
<English lesson> I used the word ‘newish’ to indicate that the colour wasn’t changed in this update. If it had, I would’ve used the word ‘new’.</English lesson>
Wow, how smart. You must be a lucky man that you have near-native command of the English language!
Yes, it is great.
But only near-
Bravo update. Thanks for your invest. Looking forward to a newer version for the Retina Display. Hopefully, it will get more and more Mac intuitive for its Mac version. Best!