The "Connect to memory server..." button in the Memory menu is oversized when using small icons.
And the Colors menu item under View > Appearance keeps being colored - hey, this is at least sophisticated and funny.
I like Michael's idea.
And it would be interesting if users are allowed to create (and contribute) their own icon sets like themes for web browsers. For this to be possible, CT has to be able to import third-party icon sets.
I copied and saved the beautiful old icons before upgrading. And I was right, the new ones are fugly. I bet I like them in a day or two, like them better than the old ones. Although I tend to agree with Torsten that colour helps to distinguish them.
I just checked. Most of the icons seem to have the same file name, so restoring the old ones shouldn't be too much work:
I just checked again: The old ones are still there. Saving them wasn't necessary.
I will provide the colored version of the icons as an option for the next update.
IK: I will provide the colored version of the icons as an option for the next update.
I think we'll get used to the new ones pretty soon, and I feel sorry for the Wiki Workers. It's actually one of the (many) reasons I don't want to contribute to the Wiki: All those changes. Have a look at my latest postings on ProZ. It's as if you're looking at two different apps. And the only change in those four hours between the two postings is the icons.
A little late, but nevertheless: a screencast of the updating procedure.
The update 9 to CafeTran Espresso 2015 is available for download. The users who purchased the program after 22 April 2015, in the new licensing system, do not have to install it anew. They can update it via a simple drag and drop procedure as follows:
1. Run CafeTran.
2. Download 20151027_update.zip file from here (do not unzip or rename the file after downloading) and place it on your desktop.
Note: On Mac OSX, the Safari web browser may unzip the file automatically after downloading. To prevent this, just use the right-click menu and choose the "Download Linked File" command.
3. Drag and drop the downloaded file into the Project Dashboard and restart the program. First time!
4. Drag and drop the downloaded file into the Project Dashboard and restart the program. Second time!
This update includes the new icon sets which need to be placed in the new directories. The first drag and drop update action above prepares CafeTran for the creation of the new directories. The second drag and drop update action creates the new directories for icons and transfers the new icons there.
The update includes the following changes:
1. New icons for high resolution screens. The user can switch between small and large icons via the menu View > Appearance > Large icons.
2. Fixing the issue that prevented typing some diacritical marks with the SHIFT key pressed.
3. Fixing the issue with the + character in the file name at drag and drop on Mac OSX.
4. Adding the option to hide the highlighting of memory or glossary hits in the source segment pane separately.
Have a nice day!
2 people like this