The update 9 to CafeTran Espresso 2015 is available for download. The users who purchased the program after 22 April 2015, in the new licensing system, do not have to install it anew. They can update it via a simple drag and drop procedure as follows:
1. Run CafeTran.
2. Download 20151027_update.zip file from here (do not unzip or rename the file after downloading) and place it on your desktop.
Note: On Mac OSX, the Safari web browser may unzip the file automatically after downloading. To prevent this, just use the right-click menu and choose the "Download Linked File" command.
3. Drag and drop the downloaded file into the Project Dashboard and restart the program. First time!
4. Drag and drop the downloaded file into the Project Dashboard and restart the program. Second time!
This update includes the new icon sets which need to be placed in the new directories. The first drag and drop update action above prepares CafeTran for the creation of the new directories. The second drag and drop update action creates the new directories for icons and transfers the new icons there.
The update includes the following changes:
1. New icons for high resolution screens. The user can switch between small and large icons via the menu View > Appearance > Large icons.
2. Fixing the issue that prevented typing some diacritical marks with the SHIFT key pressed.
3. Fixing the issue with the + character in the file name at drag and drop on Mac OSX.
4. Adding the option to hide the highlighting of memory or glossary hits in the source segment pane separately.
Have a nice day!
IK: Fixing the issue with the + character in the file name at drag and drop on Mac OSX.
Faster than the speed of light.
>>This update includes the new icon sets
Are those intentionally monochromatic?
Yes, it is a feature, not a bug. :)
I am loving the new look!
Bit of a shock, but I think I like the new icons! They go good with the new toolbar colour. A nice, friendly look.
I wonder what the Mac people will think though. Any Mac users here like them?
I am a Mac user and I like the new icons!
I did not expect that look when I updated but I think it is very eye friendly.
I dragged the update file to the dashboard and... I got this error:
Please drag it again as described.
Thank you Igor.
The grey icons are – in general – elegant, but the menu with large icons looks quite clumsy.
Unfortunately all icon colors in all windows have gone. This looks quite sad and reminds me somehow of the Men in Grey. One might feel like a color-blind mole, really, although I understand that the user is focussed on any other color on the interface (tags, matches).
Second argument: The color has the strong advantage of being an additional differentiator for the human eye. Grey icons need more attention to be recognized.
Any chance for (optionally) coming back to a kind of fully colored CT for all these fancy translators out there?
In keeping with CT's philosophy of letting you choose your own UI, it would be great if we could also choose from various icon sets.