The update 8 to CafeTran Espresso 2015 is available for download. The users who purchased the program after 22 April 2015, in the new licensing system, do not have to install it anew. They can update it via a simple drag and drop procedure as follows:
1. Run CafeTran.
2. Download 20151022_update.zip file from here (do not unzip or rename the file after downloading) and place it on your desktop.
Note: On Mac OSX, the Safari web browser may unzip the file automatically after downloading. To prevent this, just use the right-click menu and choose the "Download Linked File" command.
3. Drag and drop the downloaded file into the Project Dashboard and restart the program.
The update includes the following changes:
1. The match bar.
2. Reversed suggestion of fragments/terms in the target segment pane - press Shift key twice and the first letter of the source term in the target segment pane.
3. Transfer current tag (Alt+9 shortcut) work on a selection the same way as mouse tag placement.
4. Hide match colors in the source segment - a new option in Appearance > View > Colors menu.
5. Suppressing soft hyphens tags when importing MS Word documents.
6. Automatic creations of alternative translations during the bilingual import of the reviewed documents to compare the reviewed version and the original version of the segment and to filter out the reviewed changes.
7. Minor interface changes to enable more intuitive location of the most frequently used buttons/actions both for new users and touch screen users.
8. The selection is displayed both in the source and target segment now when you wish to add a selected term to the glossary or memory.
I hope you will find the match bar a unique and innovative concept which should speed up significantly the selection of matched terms and fragments. Comments are welcomed!
Thanks and enjoy!
Thanks. I was in the middle of a volunteer project, but am not too worried. If I can recover the TMX I'll be fine. It would be nice to find a quick reminder of ways to export TMs to a folder I like. I use other CAT tools and can rebuild from Word files if I have to.
Maybe I should submit the ticket. All I really want is to export the TMX so I can rebuild the skeleton for translating political platforms and laws. I'll look to see how to submit a ticket.
Please update your 2015 version to the latest version of CafeTran as follows:
1. Remove to the Trash bin the old CafeTran.app.
2. Download (https://www.cafetran.com/download-for-mac) and install the new CafeTran for Mac in the Applications folder.
The above update method will save you time to go through 26 updates individually which have been released in 2016.
However, if you were in the middle of the project when your 2015 version froze, please submit a support ticket to help you recover that 2015 version and complete the project with it before you update to the 2016 version.
The program simply fails to load. I've not used it very much, have never fiddled with "upgrades" and was thrilled with it until today. Today the Mac version of Expresso 2015 simply hangs and won't load. Rebooting to free memory didn't help. This prevents me from upgrading right at step 1. What is the suggestion
Yeah, it wasn't clear enough to me either that clicking on them reverts to the original translation. This should be mentioned somewhere. Great feature by the way (which my proofreader and I have already made extensive use of)!!
After several launches it works now :-)))
Just updated to the last version and looking forward to benefit from the improvements. Thanks, Igor.
However, I am starting a new project and I am noticing MyMemory MT is not responding. Anyone with same issue?
Yes I know, Masato, but how does CafeTran's implementation look?
@biabaker: Yes please describe, since I use the same keyboard driver as you:
>I guess I forgot to say I use "U.S. International - PC" as the keyboard input source.
@biabaker: What is exactly the keyboard sequence to produce an accented character for your language? You may also switch between updates 7 and 8 (dragging and dropping them) to confirm the difference between the two versions?