The update 8 to CafeTran Espresso 2015 is available for download. The users who purchased the program after 22 April 2015, in the new licensing system, do not have to install it anew. They can update it via a simple drag and drop procedure as follows:
1. Run CafeTran.
2. Download 20151022_update.zip file from here (do not unzip or rename the file after downloading) and place it on your desktop.
Note: On Mac OSX, the Safari web browser may unzip the file automatically after downloading. To prevent this, just use the right-click menu and choose the "Download Linked File" command.
3. Drag and drop the downloaded file into the Project Dashboard and restart the program.
The update includes the following changes:
1. The match bar.
2. Reversed suggestion of fragments/terms in the target segment pane - press Shift key twice and the first letter of the source term in the target segment pane.
3. Transfer current tag (Alt+9 shortcut) work on a selection the same way as mouse tag placement.
4. Hide match colors in the source segment - a new option in Appearance > View > Colors menu.
5. Suppressing soft hyphens tags when importing MS Word documents.
6. Automatic creations of alternative translations during the bilingual import of the reviewed documents to compare the reviewed version and the original version of the segment and to filter out the reviewed changes.
7. Minor interface changes to enable more intuitive location of the most frequently used buttons/actions both for new users and touch screen users.
8. The selection is displayed both in the source and target segment now when you wish to add a selected term to the glossary or memory.
I hope you will find the match bar a unique and innovative concept which should speed up significantly the selection of matched terms and fragments. Comments are welcomed!
Thanks and enjoy!
Just updated to the last version and looking forward to benefit from the improvements. Thanks, Igor.
However, I am starting a new project and I am noticing MyMemory MT is not responding. Anyone with same issue?
Michael, can you post a couple of screenshots, next time you use this new feature?
Automatic creations of alternative translations during the bilingual import of the reviewed documents to compare the reviewed version and the original version of the segment and to filter out the reviewed changes.
>Leaving aside cosmetic changes in CT I can say that this software is the greatest time saver of all times!
Indeed it is, and I have always said that. In different wordings, using qualifications as productivity booster (though Kilgray started using that for his app too, so that the qualification got worn out -- but let me not focus on competitors, there's enough to say about CafeTran). About how it is unique, about how it helps us. Hence the title of my next webinar.
...and thanks Igor for giving us back the UPPERCASE option in the context menu!
So you would like to have it positioned as first icon, too, don't you Wolfgang?
Save on mouse meters!
In the context bar, you mean? Not necessarily as the first icon (I prefer "S" I use for German quotes), but I definitely like Uppercase in the context bar.
So, Wolfgang, you are more frequently inserting nice curly geschweifte German quotes than you are toggling Käse?
After several launches it works now :-)))