BTW: Would it be possible to give these updates / zip files a name relating to CafeTran (I assume you will break it if you do it yourself)? Just for knowing what this file is (some months later) or to find it when copying it to the 2nd machine...
I think I ran into a bug with this update. After installing it, there are some accents that I cannot add to letters by typing the accent followed by the letter (say ˆ, then e). The whole combo just vanishes. If I hold down the letter a menu pops up so I can choose the accented one, but that's very slow. Same thing happens with ˜. I do manage to type "à". I use a Mac with F1, F2, etc used as standard function keys.
Does it involve pressing the SHIFT key twice? Otherwise, I really have not changed anything connected to typing accented characters in this update. Try rebooting the system to see if it helps.
@Igor: I think I've detected a bug, or unwanted effect, related to the new double-shift feature, but haven't nailed it down yet. Basically, the feature is sometimes getting triggered inadvertently. That is, I am definitely not pressing shift twice, and yet the feature is sometimes getting triggered.
PS: it might be related to Autohotkey script/shortcut interference of some kind. Will keep my eye on it.
@Igor: It does have something to do with the SHIFT key (both ˜ and ˆ involve the shift key), but I'm definitely not pressing it twice. I guess I forgot to say I use "U.S. International - PC" as the keyboard input source. If I use the "U.S." layout (where I have to use the option key to get the accent) the problem doesn't happen. And I did not have this problem last night, before installing the update.
Thank you, Igor!
The Match bar is a real
CafeTran Candy Bar™!
Hi Igor, is it safe to update in the middle of a project, or better to wait the end of the project?
The program simply fails to load. I've not used it very much, have never fiddled with "upgrades" and was thrilled with it until today. Today the Mac version of Expresso 2015 simply hangs and won't load. Rebooting to free memory didn't help. This prevents me from upgrading right at step 1. What is the suggestion
> 3. Transfer current tag (Alt+9 shortcut) work on a selection the same way as mouse tag placement.
This works on the MacBook Pro, but not on my iMac. Instead I get: ª (a superscript 'a').
This keyboard shortcut isn't this blue one, is it?
Please update your 2015 version to the latest version of CafeTran as follows:
1. Remove to the Trash bin the old CafeTran.app.
2. Download (https://www.cafetran.com/download-for-mac) and install the new CafeTran for Mac in the Applications folder.
The above update method will save you time to go through 26 updates individually which have been released in 2016.
However, if you were in the middle of the project when your 2015 version froze, please submit a support ticket to help you recover that 2015 version and complete the project with it before you update to the 2016 version.
@biabaker: What is exactly the keyboard sequence to produce an accented character for your language? You may also switch between updates 7 and 8 (dragging and dropping them) to confirm the difference between the two versions?
Thanks. I was in the middle of a volunteer project, but am not too worried. If I can recover the TMX I'll be fine. It would be nice to find a quick reminder of ways to export TMs to a folder I like. I use other CAT tools and can rebuild from Word files if I have to.
Maybe I should submit the ticket. All I really want is to export the TMX so I can rebuild the skeleton for translating political platforms and laws. I'll look to see how to submit a ticket.
This one MatchBar sure needs some kind of documentation for one to truly embrace its power. Can't see much use in it now since the subsegment match button has not gone anywhere (and is actually more useful in some cases).
I'm a newbie though and may not have the understanding of some work mechanics.
The update 8 to CafeTran Espresso 2015 is available for download. The users who purchased the program after 22 April 2015, in the new licensing system, do not have to install it anew. They can update it via a simple drag and drop procedure as follows:
1. Run CafeTran.
2. Download 20151022_update.zip file from here (do not unzip or rename the file after downloading) and place it on your desktop.
Note: On Mac OSX, the Safari web browser may unzip the file automatically after downloading. To prevent this, just use the right-click menu and choose the "Download Linked File" command.
3. Drag and drop the downloaded file into the Project Dashboard and restart the program.
The update includes the following changes:
1. The match bar.
2. Reversed suggestion of fragments/terms in the target segment pane - press Shift key twice and the first letter of the source term in the target segment pane.
3. Transfer current tag (Alt+9 shortcut) work on a selection the same way as mouse tag placement.
4. Hide match colors in the source segment - a new option in Appearance > View > Colors menu.
5. Suppressing soft hyphens tags when importing MS Word documents.
6. Automatic creations of alternative translations during the bilingual import of the reviewed documents to compare the reviewed version and the original version of the segment and to filter out the reviewed changes.
7. Minor interface changes to enable more intuitive location of the most frequently used buttons/actions both for new users and touch screen users.
8. The selection is displayed both in the source and target segment now when you wish to add a selected term to the glossary or memory.
I hope you will find the match bar a unique and innovative concept which should speed up significantly the selection of matched terms and fragments. Comments are welcomed!
Thanks and enjoy!
1 person likes this