Start a new topic

FreshDesk?

Are we sure we want FreshDesk at all? There seem to be several problems associated with it, like no way to edit posts only to delete them, no way of quickly finding out the new posts, and for reasons unknown to me yet, I can't copy/paste anymore.

H.

Yes, I'd also like to have the opportunity to reply to specific messages (i.e. quote them) and to edit previous posts.

Right now, for example, I'd like to correct the typo I made in the title of the thread "Search problem (CT Update 7)". If an admin reads this, perhaps they could correct it. TIA!

Anybody else gets this "We're sorry, but something went wrong. We've been notified about this issue and we'll take a look at it shortly." when posting?

I get this always in the last weeks. My postings get published, but this is rather annoying.

I didn't start this topic for the fun of it. The strangest things happen. Today both my input devices (in my case that just means keyboard and mouse) froze so I had to pull the plug. And I had to Please wait... forever. Had to quit the Freshdesk page. Every time you post a comment, the Freshdesk goes back to the first page of the topic. This apart from all other issues, of course. It stinks.

H.

>Every time you post a comment, the Freshdesk goes back to the first page of the topic.

I think that it basically isn't meant as forum software. And yes, the shortcomings aren't nice.

Yes, I get the "We're sorry, but something went wrong. We've been notified about this issue and we'll take a look at it shortly." error message too.

A while back I was using Chrome, and getting the message each time I clicked post. Very annoying. I then switched to Comodo Dragon (a Chrome-based browser), and the errors stopped! I was happy for a while. However, a few days ago, they started again, in Comodo Dragon too. I'm currently trying to figure out what is causing this.

Before Igor chose the Freshdesk platform, I was looking around for forum software to run the CT forum on. I actually even created one of my own, on my own server (since I get unlimited bandwidth/space annually from GoDaddy, I was toying with the idea of setting one up myself). I tried setting up a free "SIMPLE MACHINES FORUM" (see e.g. http://www.simplemachines.org/). It was actually pretty good.

But the solution that really caught my eye was called "Discourse". Dan Lucas recently created his own forum, and he uses it too, and it looks great.  Latest posts can easily be seen on the homepage, images uploaded, and a whole lot more! Have a look:

http://discourse.translange.com/ (PLEASE HAVE A LOOK AT DISCOURSE, IT LOOKS AMAZING)

Anyway, I think that CT would benefit from a single forum, but a good one. The best one. I am not sure Freshdesk is that forum. Even if the Freshdesk people fix a few things. 

Michael

And this time with clickable link: http://discourse.translange.com/

How on earth can you try to help people using F reshdesk? It's a shame.

H.

And yep, back to "woorden" again. Without my divine intervention.

H.

I have just changed your display name as you wish.

Igor

IK: I have just changed your display name as you wish.

TNX. I hope it works when you do it. I changed it dozens of times...

H.

@ HvdB: TNX. I hope it works when you do it. I changed it dozens of times... 

Good lock. I also tried to change my user name again and again. I wish there would be a "Pseudo" option in the Profile, it would be so simple...
@Myself : Good... lock

Nice spellmiss, for a locked name ;-)

Now I'm "woorden" again. This F Reshdesk site is so fucking shit I hope Igor will ban me.

Ceterum censeo Freshdesk olet.

H.

Your name is back to woorden as soon as you make a new post. Can you change your name one more time, then log out and log in again?

Igor

No I can't. I can't sign out unless I restart my Mac. And for reasons that are none of your business although they may be related to a support ticket I filed hours ago, and that I definitely won't go into, because I'm angry, I'm not going to do that.

Apart from that, FreshDesk stinks

H.

Login to post a comment