Start a new topic

Slower, crashes, search buttons gone, drop folder doesn't work, and more, more features

Lately, I mentioned CT seems slower than in the good ol' days. I now regularly face the following problems, including but most certainly not limited to:

• Daily crashes. I have to "force quit" CT regularly, even if I haven't connected to large TMX files

• Even with a Recall TMX of less than 50k entries, I have to wait for AA results
  • Every "large" entry in the Search field hides the search buttons- including entries I don't want in the search field at all, like "activating" MyMemory with a search, or having a look at the project statistics -and requires a CT restart to get them back
  • Dropping a folder on the DashBoard doesn't work anymore. I have to go the "manual" route by selecting New Project (and yes, I enabled "Folders"). I'm not happy. I wasn't very happy with the DashBoard anyway, but I solved one of the main problems - having to open the Finder to go to the documents - by automating it. That doesn't work for folders
  • More to come
H.

• AA stopped working:

This is the only TM with "high priority". "Toepassing Termen" is both irrelevant, and it's not in any of my resources, "licentiebepaling" is in several of them. CT uses a little more than the 3 GB of the 8 GB I assigned to it, processor use is negligible. What is going on?

H.

>Toepassing Termen" is both irrelevant, and it's not in any of my resources

Can it be that it is present in a legacy TM?

I'm getting automatically inserted target terms too, that aren't listed in any glossary or in the TM pane. When I search for them, they appear in the TM pane. So they ARE present.

Why aren't they listed? They are being used ...

Hans CafeTran Wiki: Can it be that it is present in a legacy TM?

Nope. The colour code indicates that "The License Terms" has been found. And indeed, "The License Terms" occurs in two of my resources. But not as "Toepassingen Termen." It's both in the Recall TMX and the ProjectTM as "De licentiebepalingen" (highest priority) and "De licentievoorwaarden" (lowest priority). For "Toepassing" is no hit at all.

Another one:

"Section" AA'd with "Profielstaal." That's silly, although it does occur in the Recall TMX (lowest priority) quite often in a very specific context. In the regular sense, it's in the termbase with the highest priority. It's not impossible that CT thinks that there are more occurrences of "Profielstaal" than other meanings, so it "virtually matches" "Section" with "Profielstaal." This makes Recall completely impossible, since you can easily get more virtual matches (up to a 100 by default) than termbase matches. Which makes termbases completely impossible, and which makes priority settings completely useless. And CafeTran.

H.

I see ...

It would be useful if by hovering over an assembled word, one could see a tooltip indicating the source.

BTW: What are those 2 chipmunk bros on your Dock?

Hans CafeTran Wiki: What are those 2 chipmunk bros on your Dock?

Selfies.

H.

Hans CafeTran Wiki: It would be useful if by hovering over an assembled word, one could see a tooltip indicating the source.

Shouldn't be necessary, but in this case/these case, I searched both the source and target segments of my resources, and hovered over the segment number. That should give you a pretty exact idea. I think this goes for TMX files only (again), since tab dels don't preserve creation/changedates and more. Much more. But then again, it's useless if it doesn't work. How much is a Fluency license?

H.

Hans CafeTran Wiki: What are those 2 chipmunk bros on your Dock?

OK, the chipmunk is EasyFind. It's slow (not indexed), but it finds everything, and is free.

The other chipmunk has been operated upon, and became a dog: DocFetcher. It's an indexed search engine which I use for specific folders. It's also free, and cross-platform, so people who still use Windows can also benefit from it. So they don't have to complain there's no software for them.

H.

>So they don't have to complain there's no software for them.

Rumour has it that some of the most advanced/fanatic users (Inner circle or how they call the programme), are disappointed by the latest incarnation of their OS.

Hello Hans,

Have you updated CT to the latest version - update 6? Please check it in the About panel. Product version should say 2015091601.

Igor

H.

What Java version does CT show in the About panel? Do you run it in the recommended way via clicking at the .app icon?

And yep.

H.

As for the disappearing search button. I have tested it on the same Java version and Yosemite. The issue appears here only when you run Project Statistics, Edit > Clipboard sensitive is selected and when resizing the window at the same time.

Igor

Login to post a comment