Start a new topic

Prefer old location of search buttons.

Hi Igor,

I keep trying to get used to the new location of the search buttons, but to be honest, I think they were easier and quicker to reach in their previous location. Every time I select something in the source or target pane, and want to click on one of them, I now have to move farther away from where I am (namely: usually near the middle of the src and trgt panes).

See: 2015-09-18 All the search buttons in the main interface are placed in the Search bar now to have a more intuitive and faster access to them.

Just give it some time, to get used to them?

I will keep trying, but the fact remains that after selecting a term/phrase in the source or target pane, you will generally speaking now have to move the mouse farther than in the past, to reach the search buttons. 

@Igor: can we maybe have it optional?

Hi Michael,

They are now just above the source segment pane so the mouse movement is no different. Each of the button has a corresponding keyboard shortcut. Let 's wait for some more users' feedback.

I agree with Michael. I prefer the previous appearing/disappearing search buttons, which are still there when the toolbars are hidden.

I prefer the old location, although I do not want anything appearing or reappearing, as this sometimes changes the dimensions of the translation editor panes.

The best position may be between the segments (not irritatingly big!)

Login to post a comment