Start a new topic

Segments filter settings

Okay, I love the segments filter a lot, but there are three points that nag me:

• there is no keyboard command to switch it on/off, or am I wrong?`
  • there is no setting to make it as default setting (I use it in 90 % of the cases). I do not know why, but sometimes it is on, sometimes it is off (I mainly use it with the Find command/dialogue)
  • when switching off the filter, I am resent to any other segment but not the segment I was in at the very last moment (let's assume you want to check some more context than the previous/next segment). After switching the SF off, I am sometimes resent to the next unchecked segment, sometimes to the last segment before the next unchecked segment. This behavior is not consistent IMHO (or at least I would like to understand it).

Anybody seconding this?

I really hope I am not mistaken on the first 2 points.

>there is no keyboard command to switch it on/off, or am I wrong?

No there isn't one, yet.

>there is no setting to make it as default setting (I use it in 90 % of the cases). 

I don't understand what you are trying to do.

>when switching off the filter, I am resent to any other segment but not the segment I was in at the very last moment (let's assume you want to check some more context than the previous/next segment). After switching the SF off, I am sometimes resent to the next unchecked segment, sometimes to the last segment before the next unchecked segment. This behavior is not consistent IMHO (or at least I would like to understand it).

Yes. I've mailed Igor about that too, several times. First of all we'll have to discuss the desired behaviour, since this isn't as straight forward as one might think. Especially not when using the filter for QA.

For simple F/R actions, the desired behaviour is simple: the cursor should return to the last edited segment, before activating the filter. And this segment should be visible in the grid.

Talking about this, I have a question.

Why, when I F&R (Replace and Edit) in the middle of a segment and when it is completed, what I typed or edited in the last edited segment is gone? 

Kwang

>there is no setting to make it as default setting (I use it in 90 % of the cases). 

I don't understand what you are trying to do.

In most cases I use the F&R-dialogue and I would like to have the segments filter option automatically on (in most cases it is off, but if I remember correctly, it is sometimes on)

Why, when I F&R (Replace and Edit) in the middle of a segment and when it is completed, what I typed or edited in the last edited segment is gone? 

Seconded, though this is a question of caching inserted texts.

Login to post a comment