The update 4 to CafeTran Espresso 2015 is available for download. The users who purchased the program after 22 April 2015, in the new licensing system, do not have to install it anew. They can update it via a simple drag and drop procedure as follows:
1. Run CafeTran.
2. Download 20150807_update.zip file from here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56031844/20150807_update.zip (do not unzip or rename the file after downloading) and place it on your desktop.
Note: On Mac OSX, the Safari web browser may unzip the file automatically after downloading. Please disable this Safari option for the update.
3. Drag and drop the downloaded file into the Project Dashboard and restart the program.
It is a small update with the following changes:
- Help texts connected to the tooltips of Mac OSX menus.
- QA translation consistency check for TMX translation memories.
- Import of Bitext files to the translation memory.
What are those Bitext files that can now be imported into memories? Is this a type of bilingual txt files?
Please check here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallel_text
Usually, bitext files are generated by alignment tools. I have only tested the bitext files produced by AlignFactory as I received such sample files from CafeTran's user.
In each new update, I optimize the code but I did not change anything important in the Pretranslation or TMX loading. Anyway, I am happy that the latest update works faster for you.
CT can import XML format.
I'm creating an article on Bitext > CafeTran.