Start a new topic

The updated update

Is my understanding correct that one Update 3 isn't the same as another Update 3?

???

I see three question marks here and I ask myself: What could the poster mean by them?

You said: "Is my understanding correct that one Update 3 isn't the same as another Update 3?"

What do you mean by that?

How the heck should I have guessed that? I thought you were having encoding problems or something like that...

In English, when a person writes "???" in reply to your post, they mean: "What? I don';t understand. What are you talking about? Please explain." (yes, all of that in just three characters. English is a very powerful language)

I'd appreciate some references to sources with authority. Anyone can just claim here about anything.

We should really take care not to slide away to the level of Proz!

Igor sometimes makes changes to the Updates, after he has put them online for the first time. So how can we know that we've really the correct Update?

How about numbering them? Update 3.1, 3.2 etc.?

On a side note: STAR works with fixes to updates, that really sounds cute, doesn't it.

???

Thanks for the extra info. Now I understand!

Hello Hans,

The official announcement for Update 3 was announced here: https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/discussions/topics/6000008221

I edited the update link to include the PDF viewer library a few hours later so there was really no point in changing the version.

Igor

Login to post a comment