>Added help texts for menu items.
Where should these help texts be displayed? At the status bar? They aren't, on my MacBook Pro.
>Integration of the PDF viewer component with CafeTran (see the Tools > PDF viewer menu).
How can I trigger it? I've created a new DOCX project and placed a PDF file in the folder. Nothing happens when I run the PDF command.
The PDF viewer is for viewing and searching PDF reference materials in the CT interface. You can also extract text from PDF files by selection and mouse right-click. Please change the look and feel to Nimbus on Mac to see if the help texts are displayed for the menus as well. Mac look and feel native menu bar may not be supported to display the help texts yet.
The update 3 changes only MIF files filter so unless you are translating this file type, you can update.
> - Automatic addition of spaces after periods during Export when translating Japanese and Chinese documents.
Thanks for this change! This is a great time saver.
By the way, regarding my earlier request about translation in the other way (into Japanese) -- no spaces are needed between segments in the exported document --, now I'm of the opinion that the current feature is OK. Sometimes I'm asked by my agency to translate only part of a document, and in this case, it's better that segments are linked by a space (as they are now) because the document contains original (untranslated) English portions as well.
Deleting unnecessary spaces is a very easy task in MS Word, any way.
The updated Cafetran.jar does not include the PDF component yet. It should be available later today. I am preparing it now and will provide the link soon.
> Glossary fields are displayed in italics to distinguish the fields from the terms better.
Well, for me, italics are more distracting than distinctive. I prefer a smaller font ...
Eye-friendliness differs from one person to another, so, if possible, please give us control over this in a future update.
The download link in this news topic is updated to include the PDF viewer.
Yes, eye-friendliness is very personal. I will come up with a solution for this request in a future update.
The Update 3 to CafeTran Espresso 2015 is available for download. The users who purchased the program after 22 April 2015, in the new licensing system, do not have to install it anew. They can update it via a simple drag and drop procedure as follows:
1. Run CafeTran.
2. Download 20150729_update.zip file from here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56031844/20150729_update.zip (do not unzip or rename the file after downloading) and place it on your desktop.
Note: On Mac OSX, the Safari web browser may unzip the file automatically after downloading. Please disable this Safari option for the update.
3. Drag and drop the downloaded file into the Project Dashboard and restart the program.
The following changes are included:
- Added the possibility to remove external xliff (e.g. sdlxliff) files from the project.
- Improved handling of references to chapter titles in MIF filter.
- Automatic addition of spaces after periods during Export when translating Japanese and Chinese documents.
- Mapping of CafeTran's "Checked" status to Studio's "Translated" status.
- "Checked" status can be set for TMX segments in the edition mode to make filtering on the status and jumping over it possible.
- Removal of deprecated parts of TM-Town APIs.
- Display of TM-Town documents just after linking with CafeTran for the first time.
- Fixed a segmentation issue when the source document started with blank characters such as white spaces.
- Glossary fields are displayed in italics to distinguish the fields from the terms better.
- Added help texts for menu items.
- New Tags menu to group all tags related actions.
- Integration of the PDF viewer component with CafeTran (see the Tools > PDF viewer menu).
- QA'ed units can be saved for external HTML viewing.