Start a new topic

Keyboard shortcuts - import, export, sorting, key already in use

Concerning shortcuts I have some requests:

- import and export of shortcuts mapping (instead of all exporting/importing all preferences)

- sorting – I do not know which logic the actual table follows, but I always spend a certain time to find the one I actually want to change - maybe it is a good idea to sort them alphabetically or to categorize them

- when a key is already in use, I am told so, but I am not told, where it is in use (maybe sorting by keyboard shortcut might resolve this quite easily)

- mapping Mac keyboard shortcuts to Windows keyboards - I think it is pretty rare that someone uses a Mac and a Windows installation, and I do not know, what these users think of it (Mac users have definitely more choices on the keyboard, so it might be hard to map the keyboard layout to a Windows machine). Anyway this is a minor problem.

>import and export of shortcuts mapping (instead of all exporting/importing all preferences)

I was wondering too, whether this is possible (though at that time, it concerned colour schemes):

• Export the settings.xml.
  • Open in it in TextWrangler/Notepad++
  • Delete all irrelevant settings and save the file.
  • Import the edited settings file.

I didn't test this.

I third this.
Please can we have import and export of shortcut mappings. This would be very helpful when working on two machines, especially where, like me, one is used fairly infrequently.

Login to post a comment