Start a new topic

switching from desktop to laptop and back

Hello,

slightly more than a newbie to CT, although I've been using it for some time. I'm stuck with an issue concerning the mobile management of a project: when I switch from my iMac to a laptop (air book) and try to resume the project in my iMac, something goes wrong with tmx memories and .txt glossary management. I have saved them in a resource folder placed in Dropbox instead of CT's default resource folder. In particular, I wonder if it has something to do with the .res file associated to .txt glossaries. Any suggestion on this topic would be greatly appreciated, Thank you!

Marco

Hi Marco,

First of all, make sure that CafeTran points to your TMs and glossaries in Dropbox via the same path on both computers. If the path to you TMs and glossaries is the same on both machines, you should be able to share the Project resources without any issues.

Igor  

Thank you Igor, almost everything works well, apart from a couple of issues with .txt glossaries namely

1) I get a message of "error saving file" only for for additional glossaries (despite they have been stored as everything else in the Dropbox folder). Might it have anything to do with the location of the .res file associated to the glossary?: should it be in the Dropbox as well, or in the default location suggested by CT for each computer used? I'm asking because this seems to create some problems with CT recognizing the glossaries after switching between computers.

2) This is a more general issue I have experienced: If an additional .txt glossary is open besides the dedicated project glossary (Project Terms), the action of adding a term to the glossary (after selecting a single word in both source and target segments) actually results in the term being correctly added to one of the glossaries, while the whole source segment is transferred to the other. I would expect  CT to perform the same action of adding only the selected source and target terms to both glossaries. 

Hi Marco,

1) The .res file does not have to be located in Dropbox. As you open a glossary in CafeTran, go to Glossaries > Edit glossary info and check the Path field. it should point to the existing glossary file located in Dropbox.

2). I can confirm this issue. It only occurs when you select the option to skip the "New term" panel and add a term to two glossaries at the same time. To be fixed in the next update.

Igor

Thank you Igor, I have just made an attempt and it turned out the leaving the .res file in the default CT resources folder in each computer has solved the problem.

Grazie.

Marco

Login to post a comment